Success in this position requires delivering a stable but innovative product and a mindset of “delighting the customer”! Your job will be to provide guidance to full stack engineers who eat and breathe technology while also keeping a careful eye on administration and support services. You will also need to develop and maintain an effective technology infrastructure from a full lifecycle perspective. This job is not for the light hearted as our technology is tested tough.
· Focus towards innovation and thinking outside the box to solve problems, while considering potential impact to people, process, technology.
· Guiding and mentoring a team of 10 or more infrastructure engineers and serve as a point of escalation for customers and team members for troubleshooting of technical issues.
· Manages vendors to provide network, security, engineering and support systems. Manages escalations to both vendors and internal support organizations for timely recovery of systems and services.
· Leverage the team to provide global 24x7 production support for a data-intensive storage, compute, and networking environments
· Define and gather metrics to measure the overall effectiveness of the infrastructure team while tracking delivery of quality customer service. Reviews performance and effectiveness of engineering teams and services.
· Manage and drive midsize projects to a successful outcome
· Contributes toward the development of standard operating procedures in all areas of influence; continues to find new ways to improve quality and efficiency.
· Develops and implements methods to measure and report on infrastructure or apps/services performance and reliability
· Participates in financial performance (budgeting, forecasting, capital planning and spending)
· Proven ability to develop and execute a minimum of a 6 month roadmap. Participate and influence department strategic roadmaps
· Optimize services to achieve enhancements in performance, capacity and availability while achieving cost optimization
Desired Skills and Experience
· A bachelor’s degree specializing in Information Technology, Computer Science or Operations
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, including 4 year of supervisory experience
· Successful track record of exceptional results for leading engineering teams of 10 or more
· Working knowledge and proven platform experience in Windows, Linux, VMware, EMC and Cisco platform systems. Experience with Cloud, PaaS and SaaS platforms a plus. Experience with legacy IBM mainframe/minicomputer a plus
· Working knowledge of DevOps, IaC, Kanban, Agile and similar concepts
· Working knowledge and proven experience in Cisco LAN, WAN and data center networking systems. Experience with SDN, SDDC, SD-WAN technologies a plus
· Working knowledge with Microsoft Office 365 including Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange.