The Marketing Business Analyst will be responsible for our project management application. There is a need for strong technical skills to not only execute projects based on the business need, but also continue to maintain and update the Workfront application so it is relevant, useful and adding value by bringing efficiencies as intended.
The Business Analyst will be documenting requirements, create functional design documents, configuring the system, and defining scope and objectives to help formulate workflows for parallel business processes. This person will work closely with business to gather requirements, and with other IT partners to implement solutions.
This position will be responsible for leading and cascading the Columbia mission of “Connecting Active People With Their Passions” through coaching, execution and accountability.
• Define business requirements and report them back to stakeholders
• Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
• Create direct channels of communication to software vendor and application developers
• Manage competing resources and priorities.
• Monitor deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
• Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and GIS/vendor.
• Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Stay up to date on the latest process and platform advancements to automate and modernize systems.
• Implement a comprehensive management plan for each project and hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress
• Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders to produce relevant reports.
• Create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business.
• Document Functional Specifications, Business Requirement Flows, Business Requirement Documents, Work Instructions, and Test Scenarios and communicate results.
Perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision and consults with other professionals/managers. Contributes to complex projects and carries out work independently. Solves complex problems, and develops independent creative solutions based on the evaluation of multiple options. Decisions could impact multiple departments or functions. Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories within own function and other related areas. Apply broader knowledge of industry standards/practices to assignments and others
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Accounting, or related field, or work experience equivalent to a degree
• 3+ experience working in Workfront
• 5+ years of experience in positions as an individual contributor by performing functions such as - analyzing business processes, team project participation, and providing systems support and analysis.
• Experience working with creative/design projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Detail oriented with strong technical problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Strong business knowledge in sales and distribution