We are looking for an outstanding data engineer who wants to build scalable, business critical systems. Our trust science team uses data science and machine learning to:
- Predict and prevent bad buyer and seller experiences
- Detect and prevent frauds and scams to build a trusted marketplace
- Assess marketplace trust and reliability
- Block messages that could lead to fraud in real-time
- You will work with a team of data scientists charged with improving Client's trust science, with tremendous impact on Client’s unique community of buyers and sellers.
- Collaborate with researchers, engineers, and product teams to implement and support data pipelines that leverage Client’s unique platforms and data sets.
- Support machine learning and data science, whether it be towards prototypes or production applications. You’ll have an integral role in enabling the team to pursue insights and applied breakthroughs, while also driving the solutions to Client scale.
- Work with data scientists, engineers, and cross functional teams to productionalize data science solutions for current and future business needs, with high scalability, reliability and availability.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets to identify gaps and inconsistencies, provide data insights, and advance effective product solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency to design and deploy high performance systems in a Hadoop environment with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Experience supporting data scientists on ‘discovery-mode’ analyses and prototypes with analytic datasets.
- Experience scaling, productionalizing, and optimizing data pipelines for production machine learning applications.
- Practical and proactive awareness of typical needs of data scientists, while possessing the ability to inquire and establish data science requirements.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, especially as relates to the documentation of data pipelines and code.