The nature of the work is focused on research and development of products from conception to retail to meet the needs of accounts and consumers.
Performs scientific and technological investigation directed toward the acquisition of new knowledge. Research encompasses such endeavors as enlarging and systematizing the organizations knowledge base; understanding the limitations of technology and how to apply its capabilities; developing proof-of-concept prototypes; devising methods and tools for modeling, analyzing and developing products and services.
Develops ideas that are consistent with the vision for new products by collaborating with product creation on the genesis of new product concepts for all Client business units. Generates new ways of thinking about aspects of performance-based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
Band Level Criteria & Minimum Requirements for: U Band / SENIOR PROFESSIONAL
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
Business Expertise –
- Applies best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve products, processes or services
- Has developed conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline
Delivering Solutions –
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Interprets customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Explains difficult issues and works to build consensus
- Makes decisions within guidelines and policies
- Impacts a range of standard and non-standard customer, operational, process, project or service activities
- Is accountable for small projects or programs with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Monitors and controls costs of own work and may manage costs for small projects or programs
- Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, programs or products with moderate visibility
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require management oversight and are constrained by policies
- Typically requires a Bachelors Degree and minimum of 5 years directly relevant work experience
- Note: One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 3 yrs; Masters + 4 yrs;
- Associates degree + 6 yrs; High School + 7 yrs
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ideation & Visioning - Generates new ways of thinking about aspects of performance-based products that result in growth opportunities and competitive advantages in the marketplace.
Develops ideas that are consistent with the vision for new products by collaborating with product creation on the genesis of new product concepts for all Client business units.
- Research/Engineering - defines protocol and establishes scope of testing required to prove and validate a concept. In line with advanced knowledge of the consumer, business, and performance requirements, develops concrete insights which feed into the development of advanced product concepts through the use of new technologies or construction processes. Delivers proof of concept by turning concepts and new
- Project Management - Enables the development of innovation projects turning concept ideation into reality by working in, or with, multi- disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and 3rd party vendors. Meets complex challenges with imaginative state of the art approaches supported by feasible solutions.
- Communication - assists in preparation of reports and presenting results and market concepts at the functional department level. Clearly and concisely communicates the knowledge required and best practices assist transition of technology to product.
Key Capabilities (beyond minimum requirements for U Band / SENIOR PROFESSIONAL)
- Specific Work Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in ideation and research with tangible results. Possesses a clear and solid working knowledge of product construction concepts. Must possess working knowledge in design, development, research, engineering, materials, and manufacturing. Excellent problem-solving skills with an innate ability to deal with ambiguity. Able to lead multiple complex projects at one time and prioritize work according to potential impact.
- Physical Requirements Typical Office: This is a typical office job, with no special physical requirements or unusual work environment.