- Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team’s needs.
- Ensures the team is practicing Agile-like principles.
- Partners with, coaches and supports Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized.
- Facilitates all the Scrum ceremonies (i.e. backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos).
- Establishes, tracks, and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management, and any impacted stakeholders.
- Facilitates alignment and assists Product Owner and Delivery Team with making appropriate commitments.
- Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team’s ability to deliver commitments.
- Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress.
- Participates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution.
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics.
- Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high-quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence.
- 3-5 Years relevant work experience supporting or leading a team.
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools.
- Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- In-depth understanding of Agile Principles and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups
- Experience resolving issues across teams
- Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team’s ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks
Relevant certification in the field (At least one of the below certifications is required):
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM I)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Agile Scrum Master (ASM)
- Scrum Master Certified (SCM)
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master Certification