Principal Engineer International Expansion (Experience)
Your role will include working with the user experiences teams across all of Client to design and shape services and resources for Client’s e-commerce experiences, solve tricky problems and bring new ideas to the table. This involves the development of services and frameworks that improve presentation, reliability, maintainability and performance for Client.com and Client App ecosystem.
You will lead by example in delivering critical solutions from concept to production and be an advocate of emerging technologies and development techniques to address current and future consumer needs. You will serve as mentor, providing technical guidance and support to team members. Presenting complex ideas, anticipating potential objections, and persuading others to consider your point of view are skills you excel at.
Your expertise will help our experience teams deliver the future of Client’s digital platforms. You will work with product and business stakeholders to understand our end users and, define the technology roadmap for our experiences.
- Advanced full-stack experience in React.js frameworks;
- Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages with a strong background in building dynamic, high-volume and scalable systems with Java using an Agile development methodology;
- Create code within a test driven-development and pair programming environment;
- RESTful APIs, database, and caching techniques;
- Analyze and help define software requirements;
- Data integration pieces – build REST APIs;
- Provide accurate estimates of LOE;
- Stay current with the latest test, development, and deployment best practices and share your findings with the team and community;
- Engage with stakeholders to identify problems, test ideas, and refine workflows Work with server-side engineers to define APIs;
- Feel comfortable taking calculated risks to change technical direction and can articulate the benefits and costs of a decision.
- You have 10+ years of software development experience
- Strong skills with modern JS (React preferred);
- Experience leading projects and providing mentoring to more junior developers;
- Experience with various UI toolkits and interaction models including responsive design Deep understanding of supporting APIs, cache layers;
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience, including a solid understanding of standard data structures and algorithms;
- Proficiency developing world-class web interfaces;
- 2+ years working with React (functional components, hooks);
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals;
- Capable of creating a new production-quality codebase from scratch;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams;
- You have strong skills in team leadership and building positive relationships across Engineering, Product and Architecture;
- You can present and explain technical efforts at multiple levels of detail;
- You have experience with AWS;
- You have experience working with Web and Native Mobile technologies;
- You value empathy;
- You thrive on collaboration and in a communal environment;
- You are an excellent communicator;
- You have a commitment to performing technical code reviews;
- You value practical and simple solutions.