Sr Engineer JAVA/Web/Cloud/
Job Location: Portland, OR
As a Senior Engineer in our Demand and Supply Engineering team you will be joining the Client’s Supply Chain organization providing integration solutions as part of the development and deployment of enterprise system solutions for the Client business. Client’s Demand Supply Management Engineering team provides engineering solutions for the Supply, Demand, Master Data, and Information’s functions within the Client Demand Supply Management Organization.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, developing, leading, and deploying Web/Cloud based solutions. You will also be working with other senior engineers to ensure your developments work in a highly integrated environment.
You will collaborate with our Process Solutions teams to understand requirements, assist in providing scope and cost estimates, and help drive engineering activities through deployment. You will pair with technical leads and managers on the team to support other engineers with technical consulting and direction, problem solving, as well as write & review designs, technical specifications, and JAVA/Nodejs /React coding as part of our standard SDLC process utilizing the latest Web technologies.
You will work closely with Architects and leads to make sure all solutions adhere to existing guidelines and principals and assist in evolving our processes to continuously improve. In addition, you will collaborate with the rest of engineers on approaches and best practices for leading large and small technical implementations.
The ideal candidate will have JAVA/Nodejs/React/AWS and the Web based development experience with emphasis on concepts, principles, practices, and technologies associated with service-oriented computing, and web services engineering. This position requires excellent communication & teamwork skills and the ability to multitask, innovate, and challenge conventional thinking.
Are you ready to accept the challenge and contribute as a member of the team?
To be considered, you'll bring the following:
- Ability to design, develop, configure, and implement complex solutions and code in Web technologies like JAVA/Nodejs/React/HTML or similar
- Ability to design, develop, configure, test, and implement complex solutions and code in an AWS environment uses API’s, Lambda, Docker, and similar technologies
- Diverse experience in deployments/developments in the public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred: EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and automating full stack builds and deployments.
- Ability to conduct performance monitoring, tuning, and analyze performance against benchmarks.
- Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in an Agile delivery environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking, collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area
- 6+ years of professional experience in IT (2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree)
- 5+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing in NodeJS/Java/ReactJS or similar.
- 5+ years' working as an engineer in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment having diverse and complex landscape.
- 3+ years building, deploying and supporting REST APIs
- 2+ years testing and deploying code via CI/CD tools like Jenkins or CircleCI
- 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as Microsoft VSS, GitHub, or SVN software repositories
- 2+ years' mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior developers concurrently (preferred)
- Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months)
PRESCREEN Q's – SOFTWARE DEV BACKGROUND IDEALLY
- I have the following combination of education and/or professional experience in IT, Business, or a related field:
- I have the following years of project or program management experience implementing cross-functional projects:
- I have 5+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing (select all that apply):
- I have 2+ years’ experience with the following (select all that apply):
- Cloud based development in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- CI / CD Tools (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- SAP ERP and / or SCM Systems
- None of the above
- I have 5+ years of experience working in an Engineering role in a complex matrix organization within a global IT environment. Y/N, If Yes please describe your experience. (Y/N) If Yes please describe your experience
- I would consider myself a (Choose one):
- UI / UX Developer
- Backend Developer
- Fullstack Developer
- API Specalist
- DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Engineer
- I have 3+ years of building REST APIs (Y/N) If Yes please describe your experience.
- I have 6+ years of design and development experience in a diverse and complex integration landscape. (Y/N)
- I have 2+ years mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior Developers concurrently. Y/N
- I have experience in the following areas (check all that apply):
- Deploying applications with automated tools
- Building application stacks in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Source code maintenance using Git, VSS or SVN
- Familiarity with SAP APO DP and SNP modules
- Collaboration with product owners, product managers, and business subject matter experts
- Design, develop, create and test planning solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams