As a Software Developer Level III, you will be utilizing your advanced knowledge of client and server-side code to assist the development and security teams to ensure that our code is compliant with both security and general software development best practices. The principle focus for this position is to define, design and implement the rulesets in SonarCloud for both interactive and CI / CD code analysis pipelines.
- Develop, test, deploy, and optimize security & coding best practices as rulesets in SonarCloud
- Work closely with architects and leads in the development of these rulesets to understand, adapt, and execute project goals associated with elevating our quality and security compliance without our SDLC
- Expected to have an in-depth understanding of design patterns in order to apply the correct creational, structural or behavioral pattern as needed
- Work directly with a QA Test Engineer to verify ruleset validity and value
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent experience is required
- Experience with SonarCloud, or other code inspection utility, both CI/CD and interactive
- Exposure to security elements and best practices in software development
- 5-8 years of total professional software development experience
- 5+ years of experience in working in a version control environment (Git / Mercurial)
- Prefer 6+ years of experience with full-stack development (including Java, .NET/C#, Node.js, or similar technologies)
- Prefer experience working with SFRA (SaaS eCommerce platform)
- 4+ years of experience with CSS pre-processing tools like LESS and SASS
- Prefer 4+ years of experience writing unit tests utilizing Mocha, Chai, Sinon or other testing libraries
- Prefer 4+ years working with XML and XSLT
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to be part of a rotating “on call” schedule to handle production issues.
- Be flexible to changing priorities in order to accommodate the needs of our business
- Actively participate in an “Agile” development environment and be willing to take on various roles as needed
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work effectively with a large, cross functional, globally dispersed team
- Be able to share experience, review peers’ work and help build stronger teams
- Be comfortable working with or willing to learn AWS, SaaS, HTML5, SCSS, React/Redux, SFCC
May provide guidance to lower level professional staff; but, has no formal supervisory responsibility.
- Works with minimal supervision and may consult with higher level professionals on unusual matters. Contributes to complex projects and carries out assignments independently.
- Solves moderately complex problems, and develops creative solutions based on the evaluation of multiple options. Impact is defined by the ability to influence decisions through expertise.
- Solid knowledge of principles, concepts, and theories within own function and other related areas. Applies broader knowledge of industry standards/practices to assignments.
Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week, especially when working on rush/special projects or during eComm holidays. Requires extended periods of computer work. Some pressure may exist when facing deadlines. Job may also require travel as needed for projects.