The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing complex Salesforce solutions-- including functional requirements, coding, support and agile team principles and leadership. This opportunity requires deep application development skills, writing and collaboration, and strong communication skills. The focus will be on creating and improving Salesforce products that enable our internal stakeholders to be successful on the platform. This position will require working in a small team of individuals focused on core development tasks.
The Salesforce Developer will design and implement key technical components of our Salesforce solutions using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components and Salesforce communities. This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud technologies.
- Hands on design and development of custom solutions, including significant work in Apex, VisualForce, Lightning Components, Salesforce Communities and application integration patterns.
- Judges the trade-offs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project.
- Serves as the Primary Salesforce Developer in the team.
- Release and Environment Management, including sandbox usage planning, metadata and data migration, environment comparisons and version control.
- Assist in training and mentoring of Jr. Developers.
- Assist in writing technical approach and design documentation.
- Help create integration and development project plans and designs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications (Must Have)
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Certifications (Nice to Have)
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
- Salesforce Certified Data Architecture & Management
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer
- Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist
- Salesforce Certified User Experience Designer
- Salesforce Certified B2B Solution Architect
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technology—Ability to learn client’s systems and software. Use of marketing systems, database products, CRM software, and other business intelligence software.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Time and task management — managing one's own time and the time of others. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Apex development
- Visualforce page development
- Lightning component development, Lightning design development
- Salesforce Communities (Nice to have)
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to give optimal solutions
- Hands-on experience in administration setup, e.g., managing users, security controls, and data as well as creating roles, profiles, and reports.
- Experience in designing custom objects, custom fields, picklists, page layouts, workflow, approval processes, validation rules, custom tabs, reports, Visualforce pages, dashboards, and email generation according to application requirements
- Education: BEng (IT, CE, CS, or EC), BSc, MSc (CS), BCA, or MCA
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience with Apex, Visualforce, triggers, batch Apex and Salesforce APIs
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with practices and procedures that are constantly evolving. Must work with adjustable timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities with time sensitive deadlines.
- Work affects information, flow, process, and the work of others.
- Requires cross department collaboration, analysis and application of data, process, and technology.
- Position requires contact with others – in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving, needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person/electronically.
- Job role is based on being a an individual and team contributor/collaborator to the organization and its teams – has no supervisory responsibility.