Scope and Responsibilities
We are looking for a configuration engineer who works on tools and process for implementation and configuration of the BlackLine SaaS tool. You will be a member of a scrum squad, focused on delivering value. This will require partnership with the integration engineers on the squad, and the product owner, so that we can deliver on positive results for our stakeholders. We own what we build, so bringing a DevOps mindset is critical.
- Demonstrated accounting or financial experience
- Interest in learning and collaborating with a diverse technical team
- Experience or ability to learn and support financial technology
- Strong communication skills
- Develops partnerships and works closely with finance business and technical team members to understand key business and accounting workflows.
- Creates integration context diagrams and or other process descriptions.
- Ability to define and perform technical tests to diagnose issues and provide root cause.
- Basic understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL framework) for delivering IT Services
- Experience with incident, problem, and change management. ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Effectively triages production issues as they occur, routing to appropriate resolver team as needed.
- Clearly communicates impact and urgency of production issues or concerns to stakeholders and technology partners.
- Finance and/ or retail experience with high-volume transactional systems combining contemporary microservice architecture with ERP systems.
- Public cloud infrastructure experience (AWS preferred): AWS EC2, S3, SQS, Dynamo DB, and SNS.
- Previous accounting large ERP accounting systems a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, written and oral communication.