DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER (contract / local candidates only)
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
This is a unique opportunity to join NXT Digital, a team of digital designers, software engineers, 3D modelers, and business transformation leaders who innovate, build, and apply digital solutions that accelerate and push the boundaries of footwear and apparel innovation.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Product Manager experienced in building collaborative relationships across business, engineering, and transition teams in pursuit of novel digital solutions. The Product Manager will be adept at uncovering the needs of users, translating needs into digital solution viewpoints, developing user stories and feature requirements, and managing digital solutions delivery. You thrive in facilitating and participating with teams in navigating ambiguity and identifying creative and unique solutions.
The Product Manager will be comfortable framing experiments and directing team members and partners in quickly prototyping digital solutions and integrated processes that serve footwear and apparel product creation, engineering, and manufacturing. You understand how to leverage data to guide decisions and inform the digital solutions designs. You have experience with the full digital solution development lifecycle from concepts and innovation to scale.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Product Manager, you'll play a key role in the creation of digital solutions that unlock next generation product design, engineering, and manufacturing practices and serve Client’s future innovation strategies. You be part of a team focused on exploring digital solutions that connect insights, design, engineering, and manufacturing for advanced and additive methods of make. The digital solutions will deliver the ability to create with more speed, accuracy and data. Digital solutions range from scripts for file translations, to recommendations for workflow optimizations, and a roadmap to a new software ecosystem.
• Uncover business and user needs and develop effective user stories and business requirements that inform the digital solutions roadmap and KPIs.
• Participate in strategic planning activities for digital innovation programs.
• Lead the execution of our digital roadmaps. Refine the prouct backlog balancing trade-offs between project dependencies and constraints, time and scope, while meetig user needs and business results.
• Work in a discovery driven, agile way focusing on learning quickly through building and testing proofs of concept and prototypes.
• Conduct features validation, user testing, and piloting of digital solutions before rolling out more broadly.
• Drive clarity of critical path tasks, and ensure proper accountability within our digital teams.
• Influence at all levels within the organization through excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and an ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
• Foster collaborative relationships across departments and teams and manage ongoing strategic and tactical alignment.
• Develop keynote presentations, process flowcharts, user journeys user stories, and other communications assets as required.
• Manage team status report, present weekly to maintain alignment with stakeholders and partners.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
• You will report to the Digital Additive Manufacturing Product Director and collaborate with other Product Directors across NXT Digital on strategic planning and alignment.
• You will collaborate with digital solutions experts in user experience, software development, and integrated workflows to conceptualize, prototype, validate, and deliver high value digital solutions.
• You will partner with members of the user communities in design, engineering and manufacturing to ensure the digital solutions scope, design, and timing deliver the .
• You will partner with cross functional experts from our footwear innovation teams and digital teams to proactively manage and drive to resolution of complex problems, issues, and change control items.
• You will partner with our project management teams to ensure that alignment is reached across our matrix organization.
• You will partner with User experience experts to research and understand user needs. You will then be responsible to translate these needs into digital requirements.
WHAT YOU BRING
• 5+ years in software product management, project management, or equivalent experience with a proven track record o on-time and quality delivery of software products.
• Expert level understanding and implementation of software development lifecyle and agile software development methods.
• Demonstrable history of identifying and resolving cross-project and dependencies.
• Experience with advanced manufacturing preferred.
• Proactive and self-directed with a very high comfort level with ambiguous business situations.
• Ability to work successfully in a highly matrix, fast-paced organization and forge partnerships with peers, customers, and suppliers.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), strong Keynotes and Excel skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related or engineering field required, MBA a plus.
• Passion for the Client brand and for an innovative, Just Do It work environment.
• Must be available to come very regularly to the Client headquarters in Beaverton.
• Travel 5%.
The Digital Product Manager will work with a diverse team of digital innovators, global technology partners, product design, engineering and manufacturing experts to research and develop advanced digital capabilities for digital additive footwear innovation. You will help to identify opportunities and translate ideas into digital proofs of concept that define the possibility and prove plausibility.
What you bring:
*******************************************************************************************You will support a team that explores the use of digital tools and services to create with more speed, accuracy and data, within an additive manufacturing environment. The spectrum of our contribution is wide. The tools may be scripts for simple file translations, recommendations for workflow optimizations as well as a roadmap to a new software ecosystem. You will lead the data-to-day project management of assigned projects, as well as the coordination among our partners and stakeholders for those bodies of work.
Important notes on this opportunity:
• This role is for candidates who are local to the Beaverton, OR (and Portland, OR) area.
• Though work can be done remotely, this role requires the ability to be on campus frequently, and on short notice.
• Support and execute on overall project management of assigned projects.
• Partner with our product directors to investigate and define requirements, manage scope and communicate dependencies.
• Assist other leaders and stakeholders involved in that work with meeting management, logistics and other administrative tasks.
• Help build, support, advocate for and celebrate a great team culture grounded in belonging.
• Help with strategic planning artifacts, presentations & other communications.
• 5+ years of demonstrated ability in digital project and program management in an innovation lab, prototyping studio, digital agency, or fast-paced digital environment
• Experience in leading digital programs, end to end, observing principles of Agile and other accepted software development methodologies
• SCRUM certification
• Experience managing projects that involve rapid prototyping, robotics, 3D printing or other enablers of additive manufacturing
• Experience working with 3D modeling software, such as Maya and Grasshopper/Rhino, among others
• Quick learning ability, and a passion to learn more.
• Strong and adaptable written and verbal communication skills
• Tolerance for ambiguity but a talent for translating it into organized and meaningful steps
• Comfort in working without frequent supervision
About the job:
Client does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
This is a unique opportunity to join NXT Digital, a team of digital designers, software engineers, 3D modelers, among other digital innovators, tasked to examine the end-to-end product lifecycle to identify ways in which technology and software may intervene or disrupt to accelerate innovation.
You will support a team that explores the use of digital tools and services to create with more speed, accuracy and data, within an additive manufacturing environment. The spectrum of our contribution is wide. The tools may be scripts for simple file translations, recommendations for workflow optimizations as well as a roadmap to a new software ecosystem. You will lead the data-to-day project management of assigned projects, as well as the coordination among our partners and stakeholders for those bodies of work.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
This is not a remote role. The approach is hybrid and requires an ability to be onsite when needed, as safety mandates allow. As such, we are prioritizing candidates local to the Portland, OR metro area.
Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• How many years have you managed technical/digital programs?
Ideal answer: 8
• Do you have experience running software programs using Agile methodologies?
Ideal answer: Yes
• Do you have experience working in a fast-paced prototyping environment?
Ideal answer: Yes
• Are you local to the Portland, OR metro area?
Ideal answer: Yes
Contract: 12-month assignment
Location: Beaverton, OR