Sr. Technical Product Manager Quality Job Description
Global Sourcing & Manufacturing
Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As Client accelerates and operationalizes its One Technology Roadmap; it has become apparent there is a need for a team and structure that will be responsible for building high-quality enterprise products and platforms at scale. Technical Product Management will play an integral part of the Global Technology team as we move into a technology-led strategy for Client, with the Quality Technical Product Manager being an essential component of that team. This function has a deep understanding of how to bring the best of Global Tech together, including a deep understanding of how to leverage platform capabilities.
SECTION 1: WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are sourcing for the position of Sr. Technical Product Manager Quality, supporting manufacturing capabilities within Global Sourcing & Manufacturing at Client
SECTION 2: TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
As a TPM Leader, you will focus on driving excellence in product and platform strategy and execution. You will work in close collaboration with various teams within Global Technology (e.g., Digital Technology Program Office, Engineering leaders) and key Functional Teams across the business (e.g., Global Operations Team, Marketplace). TPM Leaders will require experience designing creative, quality technical products and enabling business capabilities and objectives through technology.
Lead and manage end to end enterprise roadmap
- Lead the creation of an end to end product/platform vision and multi-year roadmap for a function in partnership with Engineering teams and the business
- Partner with all stakeholders to understand Business needs, outcomes and value and ensure roadmaps are aligned to those needs
- Ensure roadmaps account for and integrate dependencies across functional areas within Domains
- Ensuring Tech Team roadmaps account for and integrate dependencies across functional areas within Domains
- Collaborating with other TPM's, Domain TPM's and the Central TPM Leader to address dependencies across Global Tech; provide inputs into overall end to end Global Tech roadmap development
- Collaborates with business product manager to address for the release and sprint backlogs short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases.
- Collaborates with business product manager to decompose features into consumable user stories
- Partners with Service Owners/ Development Managers to ensure healthy development process.
- Assess product maturity against marketplace and provide thought leadership towards North Star products
- Drive build vs buy decisions in collaboration with Engineering and Architecture
Define product and platform strategy
- Partnering with all stakeholders to understand business needs and goals and providing strategic advice on how to respond
- Utilizing a "customer-centric" mindset in designing roadmaps and building products/platforms that both meet current and future enterprise needs
- Developing product and platform strategies to ensure they deliver outsized value to Global Tech quickly and are built to be scalable and agile
- Bringing best-in-class market and industry insights to platform and product strategy
Deliver value to the business via products & platforms while elevating product management maturity
- Use a value framework to make product and platform decisions
- Drive the execution steps of product management in accordance with the value framework
- Drive adherence to all standard TPM ways of working (e.g., process, artifacts, templates, collaboration models)
- Track value delivered, product adoption, performance, and execution against the end to end roadmap and adjusting roadmaps as necessary
- Ensure TPM maturity throughout all levels of the Tech Team, including support for the discipline (e.g., role development, career pathing)
- Assist in guiding Client’s product & platform vision & strategy based on consumer/business needs, trends, and technical requirements
- Assist in guiding the success of products and platforms from inception through design, build, launch and iteration. Use measurement and data to drive improvement, value, feasibility, and scale across the Enterprise
- Ensure alignment of the integrated roadmaps to deliver business outcomes, value, and key results using measurement, metrics, and data
- Elevate maturity of product management and define standardized ways of working
SECTION 3: WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will be responsible for working closely with Engineering teams, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., other TPM's, Business leads, Domain leads, HR/Finance), and facilitating decision-making across priorities with Portfolio Management. You will work with our Digital Product Creation partners and cross-functional teams in Line Planning and Merchandising, Design, and Manufacturing to understand the needs and aspirations of our consumers.
SECTION 4: WHAT YOU BRING
You should be skilled in product management, analytics, a structured and data-driven thinker, and excellent interpersonal skills. Experience designing creative, quality technical products and enabling business capabilities and objectives through technology will be critical. You should be comfortable conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, and analytics. Additionally, you should be a skilled communicator with experience forming alliances and bringing together multiple stakeholders to execute on a common mission.
We're looking for someone with at least 5+ years of experience in product management and clearly demonstrated these skills:
- Strong Analytical and Data Visualization Skills
- Great business acumen and communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong meeting and work session facilitation skills
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Validated ability to adapt to new technologies and tools, changing needs, processes, and ambiguity
- Strong understanding of Design Thinking Concepts and Design Leadership
- Strong understanding of Value-Driven Frameworks
ADDITIONAL PREFERENCES ARE:
- Product Management experience conducting strategic quantitative and or qualitative analysis in a cross-functional enterprise environment in the tech industry to support and improve business operations involving program, process, or product management
- Managing day to day project communications and contributing to Sr. executive management reports and business presentations
- Product Management, strategic management consulting, financial analysis, sales/business development, technology, and P&L management
- Writing both long and short-term product planning reports, including strategic market analysis, product placement, and financial/business reporting