Recommended Posting Title: Applications Engineer, Air Manufacturing Innovation
At Air Manufacturing Innovation (Air MI), we deliver on Client’s most daring dream: giving every athlete the unparalleled sensation of walking on air. Since Client introduced the Air sole in 1979, no technology has become more synonymous with Client than Air. Our teams engineer, make, and perfect Client’s most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic. At our state-of-the-art facilities located globally, Air MI is taking Air to places that we never thought possible.
As an Application Engineer, you will be an integral part of our technical strategy to advance our digital capability in product and manufacturing innovation.
In this role, you will lead by example in setting good development practices and seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and ensuring our solutions are of the highest quality. You will become a subject matter expert in all software solutions in your manufacturing engineering domain. You will partner with the Leads, Architects, Product/Process Owners, Product Managers & SME’s to deliver innovative collaboration solutions for AirMI’s multiple locations and teams.
- 3+ years of hands-on application engineering experience.
- Experience in working with multiple software engineering teams, in-house and outsourced, onshore and offshore
- Working Knowledge of Mechanical and Process Engineering in Manufacturing environments and organizations.
- Proven track record of being self-directed, results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals despite ambiguity and multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-facing
- Experience with DevOps, including development, QA, and operations skills
- Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Proficient in pair programming and performing technical code reviews.
- Experience with Scrum and agile planning is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience combining Mechanical Engineering with Information Technology.
- Experience with 3D CAD/CAM tools and PDM/PLM. NX and Teamcenter preferred.
- Background of implementing and managing technical collaboration tools such as Wrike, Smartsheet, Google Sheets, AirTable and Slack.
- Good organizational ability via creating standard work and process documentation.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform.
- Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures.
- Understands and implements best practices and technical standards, holds security as a priority when designing applications.
- Fluent in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, domain-driven design, microservices, etc.)
- Experience working within machine shop/job shop environment
- Experience with the CICD pipeline.
- Knowledge and proven experience developing, implementing and managing applications in the Office 365 Suite including PowerApps, SharePoint, Flow, and PowerBI is a nice to have.
- Knowledge on connectivity between Office365 and Windows Cloud Platform apps, ability to combine Microsoft resources for engineering applications.