We are looking for a cyber security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies.
- Ability to take lead and work in a trustworthy working environment.
- Partner with the required teams and get seamless outputs.
- Should be curious to learn more and collaborate whenever needed.
- Ability to independently manage projects and report/present efforts to clients.
- Strong communication skills.
- Planning, designing, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization’s data, systems, and networks.
- Troubleshooting all network and security issues and incidents.
- Responding to all security breaches to the network and associated systems.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
- Evaluating the organization’s security needs and establish best practices and standards accordingly.
- Routinely conduct penetration testing.
- Taking appropriate security measures to ensure that the organization’s infrastructure and existing data are kept safe.
- Conducting testing and scans to identify any vulnerabilities in the network and system.
- Degree in computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
- Work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell.
- Understanding of the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model and renowned ports and services can be an added advantage.
- Significant low-level networking experience with the TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) stack can be an added advantage.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
- Understanding of cyber security methodologies.
- Ability to review system changes for security implications and recommending improvements.
- One of five potential security-related certifications or capacity to acquire a Public Trust security clearance can be an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.