We are looking for a cyber security analyst, he/she will protect IT infrastructure (including networks, hardware and software) from a range of criminal activity.
- Ability to take lead and work in a trustworthy working environment.
- Partner with the required teams and get seamless outputs.
- Should be curious to learn more and collaborate whenever needed.
- Ability to independently manage projects and report/present efforts to clients.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security.
- Good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends.
- Research/Evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
- Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches.
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Test and evaluate security products.
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones.
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
- Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches.
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption.
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response.
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations.
- Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
- Monitor and respond to 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
- Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience as Information Security Analyst with hands-on in vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and dealing with system and network technical teams, legal office, and internal audit.
- Experience either patching information systems or working with patching teams to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Experience managing projects or projects workstreams.
- In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the computer/network. security, intelligence/counterintelligence, cyber countermeasures, digital forensics, incident response, scripting and programming discipline.
- Understands foundational concepts of other cyber and Information Technology services related professional disciplines.
- At the minimal have the Security + certification, CASP, or GSEC.
- Security technology including VA/PT, WAPT, XDR, firewall, intrusion prevention, web filtering, log monitoring information protection technologies.
- Security concepts including network segmentation, DMZ, tiered architecture, and cryptography.
- Strong background of Active Directory and networking are required.
- Good knowledge of GNU/Linux and scripting languages.
- Relevant industry certifications in the security and technical fields (e.g. CEH, OSCP, GIAC) are a plus.