Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Beaverton, OR
- Understand the entire lifecycle of a class action or similar matter, determine what data is required based on functional requirements, and define how that data and business rules will translate to internal applications.
- Develop and publish technical specifications, technical requirements, and other documentation, as required.
- Design data mappings and transformations which will be used to drive ETL procedures.
- Work with QC Analysts to design testing strategies and plans to ensure all outcomes are as expected.
- Using tools such as Excel, Access, SQL Server, and others, directly query, assess, and analyze data to ensure requirements are being met.
- Serve as liaison between Client Services (business) and Data Analysts (technical) teams to keep production work flowing smoothly.
- Work with Technical Project Managers to ensure all required steps and actions are captured in project plans, and that project timelines seem reasonable.
- Lead, conduct, or consult in user acceptance test exercises to ensure results are acceptable and meet requirements.
- Follow prescribed software development standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, etc., according to departmental policies and conventions.
- Interact and correspond professionally with team members, project management, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Account for and accurately log time against project work.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years experience as Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Process Specialist, or other role where business functional requirements are captured and decomposed.
- Proficient with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- Experience with relational databases and ability to comprehend moderately complex SQL logic desired.
- Basic understanding of data modeling and data organization desired.
- Basic understanding of and experience with extract, transform, load (ETL) concepts, tools, and practices desired.
- Ability to work in an environment with immediate deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to adjust for intended audience. Fluent in English.
Nice to Have Skills
- MS Project Experience
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau or Alteryx
- Experience in assessing applications via an RFI or RFP
- TECHNICAL DESIGN
- USER ACCEPTANCE
- USER INTERFACE
- INTEGRATION TESTING