We are looking for a passionate Python Developer to join our team. He/she will be responsible for coding, designing, deploying, and debugging development projects, typically on the server-side (or back-end) and integrating applications with third-party web services.
- Ability to take lead and work in a trustworthy working environment.
- Partner with the required teams and get seamless outputs.
- Should be curious to learn more and collaborate whenever needed.
- Ability to independently manage projects and report/present efforts to clients.
- Strong communication skills.
- Analyzes user needs, determine requirements.
- Develops, implements and maintains software solutions to meet niche domain (defined below) business requirements.
- Create and update existing scripts or tools to make workflows more efficient or for new requirements.
- Maintain best practices such as adhering to style guidelines and leveraging version control systems.
- Develop and maintain software solutions as part of a cross-functional team.
- Implement and troubleshoot complex solutions for a wide array of geospatial applications.
- Prototype and develop solutions as the principal owner or as a part of a team.
- Provides technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Apply software development lifecycle methodology to ensure quality solutions are designed, developed and delivered.
- Participate in technical discussions with Project Managers and Product Owners.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Attend daily standup meetings and report progress to team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Hands-on experience in building cloud solutions, preferably with AWS S3, Redshift.
- Experience in building integration solutions with multiple cloud applications.
- Experience in building integrations with REST and SOAP API, JMS, File, SFTP, DB, Email.
- Experience working on NO SQL database like Couchbase, Mongo DB.
- Experience with system architecture or leading a software team is a strong advantage.
- Experience in creating solutions for various data structures/file formats like JSON, XML, CSV, EDI.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools.