Owns a product or multiple features propose enhancements to the feature, and participate in the execution of changes to product features/functions
- Strategic Vision & Roadmap
- Product Management
- Negotiate & Influence
- Awareness & Ability to Manage Across Dependencies and Priorities
- Tolerance for Ambiguity
- Develop Talent, Teamwork and Diversity
- Communicate Effectively
- Lead & Influence
- Represents the product organization in the execution of elements of the product roadmap, working with resources across (and potentially outside) the organization.
- Translates user requirements into features to guide the deliverables of the agile development team.
- May serve as the product owner, representing the product needs to the agile development team.
- Accountable for planning for and supporting the performance of a feature, under direction.
- Leads structured meetings, clearly communicating expectations, plans, and requirements for the product. Ensures that stakeholders are kept up to date on progress.
- Manages expectations.
- Facilitates process mapping, gap analysis, data flow to help assess business implications of feature, tool, or platform.
- Ability to recommend and drive business improvements to existing and new solutions resulting in improved customer experience, productivity improvements and defect elimination efforts
- Self manages. Receives general direction to guide their work.
Analysis: Data and Metrics
Research on advanced technologies
ROI and Business Metrics
Vendor Relationship Management
- Conducts analysis to determine how features are performing and how they can be improved, including trend line analysis, multivariate analysis, etc.
- Can build the necessary model to assess impact to KPIs and user/value.
- Reviews and interprets metrics and reports regularly on the state of their assigned /feature.
- Develops hypotheses on the performance of a feature and the expected outcome.
- Can deconstruct competitor offerings and glean and share insights with the relevant Client communities.
- Briefs the research team to ensure that their feature is tagged appropriately, to reach the expected outcome.
- Possesses and/or acquires in depth knowledge of the relationship between business processes and the product you support.
- Capable of reviewing and understanding operational processes within the related areas of the business and identifying area for improvement or innovation, evaluating potential cost-benefits.
User Experience Skillset
Foster Consumer & Customer Commitment: Stakeholder Management
Champion and Embrace Change
- Proposes feature changes to the product that align with and advance the roadmap. Writes up full specifications for the proposed changes.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of the different customers of the feature and applies this in developing proposals and executing changes.
- Applies to persona (s) aligned with a given customer group.
- Able to brief the design team on the UX needs of the feature. Iteratively works with designers to reach the expected outcome.
- Has demonstrated expertise in relevant development tools, with the ability to apply that knowledge independently in their work.
Has demonstrated a broad understanding of various software development approaches, including waterfall, agile, scrum, Kanban.
- Maintains awareness of the activities of competitors and the industry in general.
- Has successfully developed and implemented a system/product/service/feature for a customer, evaluated its performance, and proposed and executed approaches to continually improve it.
- Has developed credibility and strong working relationships with technical and creative colleagues.
- Has successfully analyzed the outcome of a landscape change, feature or improvement and developed actionable recommendations.
- Has demonstrated the ability to prioritize feature changes effectively, in consideration of the product roadmap.