Build and Agile Tools
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As an Atlassian Application Engineer, you will work with a fast-paced, dynamic team ensuring the tools related to agile development operate efficiently and effectively for the development teams.
- You will help establish and drive standards and procedures for application usage across the development teams.
- You will lead evangelism efforts for existing tools and identify new opportunities where additions to our application offerings would provide solutions.
- You will help develop and maintain documentation related the applications we support and establish training for on-boarding users to those applications.
- You are a self-starter and can manage multiple projects simultaneously while remaining engaged with stakeholders.
- Assertive individual who seeks the correct solution to meet business requirements with a mind toward security and user experience.
- Appreciation for thorough implementation of a solution, including gathering data, proof-of-concept of ideas / testing and validating that solution meets the business need.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years direct administration experience with Atlassian products including Jira and Confluence is required.
- Comfortable with basic Linux administration and shell operations.
- Experience deploying and managing the Atlassian Product Suite at an enterprise scale.
- Demonstrated experience in the design, development, and implementation of Atlassian tools and customization.
- Expert level experience managing custom Jira project configuration mechanisms.
- Must have a solid background utilizing an agile framework (e.g., Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban) in software development.
- Demonstrable experience developing integrations utilizing Jira REST API, JQL.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with scripting with any of the following: Python, Groovy, Bash.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools like Splunk or New Relic.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Integrating various Atlassian applications with other applications.
- Terraform and AWS experience.
- Knowledge of the underlying Jira database structures.
- Plugin experience, for example, Advanced Roadmaps, ScriptRunner, Rich Filters, ConfiForms, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams across organization, gather requirements to develop, and deliver custom templates, workflows or automated solution using Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence etc.).
- Design, develop, and administer Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) not limiting to deploying custom plugins for JIRA as well as evaluating plugins from marketplace.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise with JIRA projects and Confluence.
- Serve as a Jira administrator/engineer and maintain responsibility for administration, maintenance, upgrades, enhancements to Jira, and integrations with other tools or plugins.
- Handle support requests and Serve as the Jira and Atlassian technical resource.