The Client team is looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Full Stack Engineer with an emphasis on the Frontend Web technologies to join its ECom Browse and Search team. This Frontend Full Stack Engineer will perform development work including debugging and optimization of JSP based Web application functionality such as Shopping Cart, Checkout flow, Payment, Account setup and Customer Account maintenance, and other functionality based on JSP, WebSphere Commerce, WAS on the frontend connecting to MQs, Backend services and Database. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage the completion of projects that involve OO/UI development. This position will require an individual to design, build, debug, optimize and implement solutions in a fast paced Agile environment participating and working closely with a highly motivated team serving millions of customers on a daily basis.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Designs, builds, debugs, optimizes and implements solutions in Java, JSP, HTML, CSS, DB2, MQ series. The development of high quality, efficient and fast code is an essential part of the position.
- Works with and supports Systems Architects with the design of the overall architecture of a specific product/application, applying principles that promote availability, reusability, interoperability and security into the design framework.
- Performs development, debugging, optimization, and automation activities to support the implementation of a product/application.
- Uses APM/monitoring tools such as Dynatrace/Splunk and browser tools to perform request purepath/waterfall analysis to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements. Increases team proficiency and understanding of distributed application architectures, user interfaces and user experience, quality assurance, security concerns, and business value creation.
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Develops and documents standards and best practices, and mentor junior engineers
- Provides the team with solution recommendations and estimates for a given product/application.
- Identifies deficiencies within a product/application’s code base and identifies opportunities to improve overall code quality.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of emerging technologies to support the development of new solutions.
- Collaborates with team members (e.g., Systems Architects, Systems Analysts) to define project specifications and release documentation for all phases of the product development cycle from product definition to design, through implementation.
- Conducts peer code reviews for the software changes made by other engineers within a team.
- Understands the full technology stack and underlying applications, services, and databases in order to ensure optimal performance.
- Experience building and developing business applications.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the software development process.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Web Technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
- Experience describing the solutions and generating the architecture (Logical, Physical) artifacts.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against iteration plans and deliver assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Team player, good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Creative, likes challenges.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work effectively in a fast-paced working environment.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze potential future issues.
- Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, on-call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Web Technologies:
- Distributed cache technologies such as Redis.
- Search technologies such as Lucidworks, Apache Solr.
- Queuing technologies such as IBM MQ. MSMQ.
- 3 years’ experience in:
- Integrating an application with other applications using SOA/REST web services.
- With a working knowledge of databases (DB2, SQL Server etc.).