Client is seeking a dedicated and experienced Software Developer to join our Merchandising Solutions team. The selected candidate will be responsible for analysis, solution design, analysis, development, successful delivery and support of Merchandising applications on iSeries. This position will involve working with Database, Data Development, warehouse application, transportation, ecommerce and several other teams. This role will also work closely with end-users, Solution Architects, Product Owners and Business Analysts. Responsibilities will include coordinating, mentoring, incident ticket management, on-call production support, collaborating and leading others on development and delivery of solutions following Client’s change management policies, procedures and SDLC. Experience with iSeries development and a commitment to/passion for delivering quality solutions is a must.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Analyzes and develops iSeries code that supports Merchandising applications.
- Determines programs, objects, and files that need to be changed in order to deliver enhancements or new functionality to the business
- Creates functional specifications for applications supported using our standard practices, processes and procedures
- Performs design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, coordinates with development team members on development and QA tasks.
- Develops technical specifications documentation.
- Adheres to IT division development standards and deployment processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with Product Owner, business area, team members and QA to ensure requirements are clearly defined, understood and documented.
- Participates in development estimation, deployment and release planning to ensure delivery of solutions.
- Oversees 2nd level support resolution of daily incident tickets, creation of KB articles for 1st level support and provides on-call support.
- 5 years’ functional and technical design experience.
- 5 years’ programming experience with RPGLE, SQL, CL on iSeries(AS/400).
- Experience with iSeries DB2/400,Turnover, X Analysis.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining real-time large scale business applications.
- Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Responsible for continued personal growth in areas of technology, business knowledge and Client policies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively negotiate with other teams to create a mutually beneficial solution.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Familiarity with SAP Master Data and MDG Application capabilities and integration.
- Familiarity with integration tools such as IBM Websphere Broker, SAP PI/PO, Informatica ETL, Axway, and UC4.
- Good understanding of Agile development practices and methodologies.