The Systems Architect is responsible for the overall design of a product and define the technical blueprints / designs to fulfill specific requirements. Individuals in this role provide technical expertise to Product Managers and Delivery Pods as they reconcile the users' needs and requirements with what the engineers have determined to be doable within the given (engineering) constraints. This role works closely with System Analysts, teams, and Product Owners to support the implementation and delivery of new and / or enhanced capabilities. Lastly, System Architects are responsible for defining non-functional requirements (e.g., performance, resilience, etc.) to ensure the scalability and reliability of a given product within a complex ecosystem.
The selected individual must be driven, determined, and a problem-solver who is comfortable with change and excels in a fast-paced environment. This individual will be a proven mentor who is able to work effectively cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members/audiences, and will quickly develop an advanced understanding of business requirements and how technology fits those needs.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Develops the conceptual systems architecture design and supports technologies needed to enable new and enhanced functionality within the Point of Sale products and applications.
- Provides technical expertise in establishing specific coding standards, patterns, and procedures.
- Identifies technical dependencies across several product and application teams to support the implementation of new or enhanced functionality.
- Supervises system and data analysis, and the development and preparation of technical documentation by Systems Analysts on products and applications to understand functional design requirements.
- Collaborates with Systems Analysts to decompose solution blueprints and designs into detailed technical requirements.
- Defines the non-functional requirements (e.g., performance, security, resiliency, etc.) which support the development of epics and user stories aligned to a value stream.
- Collaborates with Solution Architects, Product management, and delivery pods to reconcile user needs and requirements within given engineering constraints.
- Identifies high-level requirements to support the definition and refinement of a robust testing strategy, and supports the planning and execution of functional and non-functional testing activities (performance, fail-over, etc.).
- Defines remediation tactics for large and complex defects impacting several features and/or capabilities within a given product or application.
- Supports release planning activities.
- Drives operational efficiency and technical growth by mentoring delivery pod teams through documentation, workshops, and other appropriate methods in the areas of software applications design, development, automation, CI/CD pipeline, and architecture.
- Provides active support for business-critical outage situations.
- 5+ years’ software development lifecycle experience, including proven front-end, back-end, macro, and micro-level design experience successfully deploying cross-platform software solutions for large IT environments.
- 3+ years’ experience leading major projects/initiatives.
- 3+ years’ Scrum Agile development/delivery.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud platform, Windows, Linux, IBM/Toshiba 4690 POS, TCx Sky.
- Strong competency in leveraging and planning for the scalability of IT infrastructure.
- Fundamental comprehension of network design and routing.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture principles and best-practices for distributed systems.
- Strong communication - both oral and written - and collaboration skills with all team/management levels.
- Proven ability to determine, align, and communicate software development standards and mentor highly-efficient development teams.
- Outstanding work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and effectively in high-stress situations, within time constraints, and on multiple efforts in parallel.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem-resolution.
- Scheduling flexibility to work in a 24x7x365 environment, on-call, and on-location as required.
- Knowledge of Client’s Business and Point of Sale Operations.
- Familiarity and/or experience with multiple Point of Sale solutions.
- Advanced understanding of technical architecture principles and best-practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure Solutions.