The Point of Sale Engineer will provide senior expertise and leadership for Client’s Point of Sale environments. This position will focus on Point of Sale hardware, Operating systems, and custom applications. This includes technical knowledge of Point of Sale hardware, system configurations, and programming in order to develop and apply these solutions. This position is responsible for identifying tasks required to evaluate promising technologies and determine their applicability to Client’s environments.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Escalates complex issues as needed, ensures timely recovery from outages, performs root cause analysis, and implements preventative measures.
- Builds prototypes of potential features.
- Runs proof of concepts and uses diagnostic/debugging skills to solve current challenges in multi-platform systems.
- Integrates diverse solution components across multiple platforms using industry standard interfaces.
- Tests and resolves problems, performs root cause analysis, identifies gaps, recommends solutions and preventative measures, and leads team members to solution delivery plans.
- Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents and standards.
- Seeks opportunities to automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate.
- Addresses compliance requirements such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Enhances automation of applications, systems, and platforms and identifies opportunities for streamlining, and continuous process improvement.
- Collaborates with system architects to plan, design, implement, and improve new capabilities, enhancements, solutions, and/or platforms.
- Contributes, interprets, and communicates enterprise, technical, project, and operational strategies to the team.
- Develops team vision to drive new capabilities against a published roadmap, in conjunction with management.
- Ensures that proposed and existing systems are aligned with organizational standards, goals, and objectives.
- Formulates and directs activities that align short term goals and long term initiatives while providing accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules).
- Works with teams, management, and stakeholders to conceptualize, design, build, test, and release products.
- Influences and drives adoption of best practices and high quality standards throughout the division.
- Promotes and supports a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporate accountability throughout the organization through technical leadership, knowledge of business need, development and communication of policies, procedures, and plans, and assurance of solution designs that are in compliance with architecture standards, technology guardrails, security, and operational guidelines.
- · Provides leadership/mentoring to team members, implements development efficiencies, creates appropriate documentation, drives operational efficiencies and technical growth within the team, and supports the release model.
- · Provides technical leadership in implementation of applications, strategic planning sessions, documentation of requirements, tool implementation, database query languages, and programming languages.
- · Uses subject matter expertise to support industry standard source control and source change management techniques.
- · Presents technical designs and solutions to executives, management, and other audiences to gain consensus and/or project approval.
- Minimum of 10 years’ Point of Sale experience.
- Deep understanding of TCx Sky, 4690 OS, and Linux/Unix administration.
- Minimum of 7 years’ of developing Java applications.
- 3-5 years’ python experience.
- 3-5 years’ Unix/Linux shell scripting experience.
- Strong background in backend development and integration.
- Strong knowledge of browser configuration and administration.
- Strong knowledge of system security, certificate management, and operations.
- Proven ability to plan, install, and integrate software packages (OEM, OS, etc.).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to partner with others in the area or company to deliver quality solutions.
- Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to easily adapt to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Must have proven ability to set and follow priorities and timeline.
- Excellent understanding of the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
- Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business, including 24x7x365 environment, on-call, and on-location as required.
- Knowledge of Client’s Business and Point of Sale Operations.
- Familiarity and/or experience with multiple Point of Sale solutions.
- Advanced understanding of technical architecture principles and best-practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.