Scrum Master – Client Technology
Client Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Client's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Client Technology, there are no Client products.
As the Scrum Master, you will lead self-organizing, self-managing teams in applying and optimizing Agile practices to maximize team performance and effectiveness.
In this role, you will:
- Support the self-organizing, self-managing team to achieve its daily and iteration objectives
- Support the teams focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence
- Facilitate the teams assessing and planning for risk
- Ensure agreed upon Agile methodology principles and practices are understood and enacted.
- Coach Agile team in self-organization and cross-functionality and promote Agile mindset
- Provide visibility to impediments to the Agile Team’s progress that the team cannot remove themselves
- Facilitate the team's relationship with outside stakeholders
- Facilitate conversations between Product Owner and team in regard to rebalancing and reprioritizing work within a sprint
- Ensure Product Owner has backlog prioritized for each iteration
- Protect the team from interruptions and distractions to clear a path for throughput
- Facilitate ceremonies/team meetings and ensure time-boxed events stay within their allotted time
- Continuously learn new approaches to facilitation, Agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics
- Foster a positive environment for the Agile team to continually improve and learn
- Drive cross Capability coordination and scheduling with other Scrum Masters
- Coordinate with other Scrum Masters, the System Team, and Shared Resources during ART/Cross-train PI Planning and Release Planning Meetings to remove issues and raise risks, as appropriate
- Track and utilize agreed upon metrics to drive meaningful conversations and improvement opportunities
- Deep understanding of Agile development frameworks, specifically SAFe, Scrum and Kanban
- Demonstrated understanding of technology systems and the Technology ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to understand business needs
- Proven ability to pull together individuals of varying technical and business abilities with different goals and facilitate productive discussion and action.
- Strong written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, and servant leadership skills
- Demonstrated understanding and reinforcement of the value of Agile mindset and the required iteration events
- Excellent facilitation skills and techniques
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Psychology, Anthropology, or Organizational Development with 2 years’ additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 3-5 years hands-on Scrum Master/Coach experience in advanced, large-scale Agile setting
- Certified Scrum Master and other Scrum certification desired
- SAFe certification preferred
- Experience working with Jira or similar tool, building summary views, using agile planning boards, setting up dashboards preferred