Data Analytics Manager (Lead)
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Data Analytics Manager (Lead) to join the Client Direct Data Products & Reporting team within the larger Commercial Analytics organization. This role will be a member of a multi-functional agile squad responsible for maximizing analytics return on investment, driving scalable data architecture, and delivering analyses and use cases in support of enterprise intiatives.
The candidate needs to be a dependable teammate and a self-motivated data evangelist. You are unconventionally curious, especially about how data can be used to optimize business opportunities. You enjoy finding relationships between disparate data sets and clarity in a muddied data environment. You are highly proficient in SQL, competent in a variety of scripting languages, well-versed in automation techniques and at home in a cloud based big data environment. You understand the value of sound data architecture and enjoy the challenge of profiling new data sets. You have a healthy degree of skepticism and the ability to speak data truth to power. You also know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential insights to business users, and you instinctively minimize complexity to focus on results. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think in an unexpected way and solve problems creatively. You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and you are excited by the challenge of building something from the ground up. You are comfortable leading in an ambiguous environment and developing repeatable frameworks to improve team efficiency. You ask good questions, are continually learning as well as finding opportunities to share knowledge with others.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Translate complex business problem statements into analysis requirements and use cases and work with internal customers to define data product details based on expressed partner needs.
- Document systems/analytics solutions to the business, translating complex functionality into business relevant language.
- Lead structured, end-to-end analysis to inform product strategy, data architecture and reporting decisions.
- Drive the solving of complex data problems demonstrating analytical and statistical rigor.
- Develop SQL queries to fulfill analysis requirements.
- Thoroughly document data architecture solutions, business requirements, training material and business processes for both business and technical audiences.
- Serve as domain specialist on data and business process within area of focus.
- Support standard methodologies in reporting and analysis: data integrity, unit testing, data quality control, system integration testing, modeling, validation, and documentation.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work in a product squad model led by a Product Manager and consisting of data analysts, engineers and visualization developers. You will collaborate across our broader organization with business teams as well as other data, analytics and technology functions at Client.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Technology, Computer Science or other related fields preferred. Will accept suitable combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of experience executing quantitative analysis to drive and validate analytics solution requirements
- Expert level proficiency in SQL
- Deep experience analyzing large structured and unstructured datasets
- Solid understanding of various database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, or DB2
- In-depth experience documenting business requirements, processes, and analytics solutions
- Demonstrated ability to develop structured analysis supporting data architecture or product strategy decisions
- Extensive experience communicating analysis results and subsequent impact to technical/non-technical audiences in both verbal and written form
- Define data architecture strategies to support data visualization tools, such as tabular models and data cubes.
- Experience translating business objectives and questions into data architecture, KPIs, and reporting
- Working understanding of best design and implementation practices in data visualization tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, PowerBI or QlikView
- Working understanding of Agile methodologies and principles such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, and XP Programming, and how they’re applied in workplace culture
- Proficiency with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS.
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Impala, Cassandra, Storm, Flume, Pig, or Hive
- Experience with statistical packages such as PYTHON, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, or Stata
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related development process
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools like Airflow
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Deep expertise in data warehousing, dimensional modeling and the ability to bring best practices regarding data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance