Cloud Costing Analyst
The role is for a costing analyst (much like a product analyst or business system analyst). First, the person will be learning on what to do from an existing costing analyst (Mary Tran).
- The person will be managing our Amazon cloud account and Microsoft Azure Accounts.
- The person will be doing financial forecasting for the account based on the
- Input received from management team
- plans received from the team during their planning events, i.e. PI Planning, Sprint Planning, etc.
- The person will compare our actual cost against the forecast budget.
- The person will report out where we are off/out from the budget
- The person will investigate the reasons why we are off.
- The person will monitor the run rate of our cloud expenditure and flag sudden spikes for troubleshooting and investigation
- The person will also be providing input in the design of 2 new automated systems
- Cloud Red solution
- Cloudability solution
- based on the areas where they think things are the most difficult to do or will provide the biggest benefit based on their user experience.
- Time wise the person’s time will be broken down like this:
- 30% on costing/reporting
- 20% monitoring/ troubleshooting and investigation
- 15% meetings – Finance/Technical Operations /Enterprise Platforms
- 25% collaborate with design teams automation design and testing of CloudRed and Cloudability tools.
- 10% misc.
- Experience wanted/needed:
- This is an L-Band position (junior) person.
- Any Client Experience will be a PLUS.
- Any person that has 1 to 2 years experience budgeting (for a team or business) and ensuring that actual expenditure is within budget limits.
- 3 to 5 years experience working in a team setting
High School Ceritificate