• Collaborate with Liaison Office Costing team on costing timelines and processes
• Provide costing information to Footwear Merchandising, Design, Development and Finance
• Assist team members with analyzing Cost Breakdowns and finding potential cost-saving ideas
• Collaborate with Developers to estimate the savings from revision packages
• Create pre-cost estimates by collaborating with Merchandising on product briefs, Designers on initial designs and Developers on Tech Packs.
• Create pre-cost estimates on Special Makeup (SMU) projects throughout the season
• Analyze forecasted production volumes to assist in determining potential volume discounts
• Calculate and communicate target FOB to product creation teams
• Run Cognos and TM1 financial reports and communicate throughout the product creation teams
• Conduct margin analysis and collaborate with product teams and finance department to help reach our financial targets
• Attend sample review meetings and provide footwear costing insight
• Assist in data entry of costing information as necessary to achieve costing deadlines
• Assist in representing Footwear Costing in the creation of the footwear product calendar
Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
Footwear development and/or manufacturing experience a must. Footwear costing experience preferred Strong analytical skills required, including high proficiency in MS Excel; proficiency in MS Access preferred. Requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong communication and presentation skills are essential. Strong basic math skills. Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English, in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature. Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures.
Job involves a moderate to high degree of complexity in performing new and/or varied work situations. Assignments have few norms or standards. Operates from established and well known methodologies and procedures, but may create procedures to meet assignment or project needs. The majority of the work requires independent thought, creativity, political savvy, and innovation. Decisions are made within prescribed company policy guidelines and constraints. Errors in judgment may result in incorrect strategic direction, losses of data or productivity with the result being financial losses, or delays in completing assignments.
Contacts are normally made with others within the company at all levels (VP or director level and down to staff on both the business). Internal contacts include Product Development, Sourcing, Planning, Materials Research, Liaison Office staff, Finance, Merchandising, Design, and IS. Contacts frequently concern information that is confidential or sensitive. Contacts are generally made on own initiative and part of project work.
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but has matrix responsibility to influence many other groups and functions.
Education and Experience:
• College degree with course work in manufacturing, engineering, etc or related fields
• 5-8 years experience in industry-related footwear manufacturing is preferred; data analytics or apparel development