About the job
The Senior Network Engineer is an office position, responsible for supporting a highly available, secure, and fast network to enable the business and to anticipate and plan for future needs. Responsible for the companies' LAN/WAN/VOIP environment including participation and oversight of daily upkeep and administration of the universities network infrastructure and computer systems
- Designs and implements voice, data, and transport systems.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting and problem solving to complex network problems.
- Collaborates with others for active maintenance and future growth. Sets policies, guidelines, and establishes best practices for active maintenance and future growth.
- Responsible for the design, planning, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the companies' network infrastructure and architecture.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots network services and devices.
- Interacts with customers to resolve network issues.
- Performs inspections and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains documentation.
- Has the aptitude to perform troubleshooting, testing, scripting and coding and demonstrates leadership and mentoring of less-experienced engineers.
- Reports to the Network Services Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong routing and switching background.
- Strong background with wireless services and wireless architecture.
- 7+ years of relevant Senior Engineering experience with servers and networks.
- Working knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations v3
practices and CCNP or other network certification preferred.
- Good working experience and familiarity with network packet analyzer/sniffers or related tools.
- Working knowledge of the command line interface. ·
- Working knowledge of Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Net Flow Analyzer, SolarWinds, or equivalent systems, along with familiarity with Wireless and VoIP.
- Experience with L2/L3 High availability mechanisms including stateful HA i.e. NAT,
- Firewall, VPN, HSRP, track, VRRP, STP, ECMP, BGP, VSS, IOS, NX-OS etc.
- Good working experience with network packet analyzer/sniffers or related tools
Bachelor's degree in IT or related field Years of Experience
7 years of IT experience; with servers and networks, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience