Become a Part of the Client, Inc. Team
Client, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Client, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Client has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Client teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Client Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
- Contribute to Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
- Contribute to evaluation of new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
- Translate product backlog items into logical units of work in engineering
- Implement distributed data processing pipelines using tools and languages prevalent in the big data ecosystem
- Build utilities, user defined functions, libraries, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Work with engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and followed
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
- Utilize and advance continuous integration and deployment frameworks
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis
- Work across teams to resolve operational & performance issues
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 1+ years of big data experience
- Programming experience, Python or Scala preferred.
- Experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks
- Experience with data warehousing concepts, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with source code control tools like Github or Bitbucket
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members
- Interest in and ability to quickly pick up new languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Experience with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Experience with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Experience with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work. We would love to hear from candidates who embody the same:
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
Client, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Client offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the
location, or the role, every Client employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world. Client, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.