Position: Client AVDE Retail Engineer – Technology
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a AVDE Retail Engineer – You will be part of a larger Global AVDE team in TechOps domain of Global Solution Delivery. We provide consulting, design, implementation, and operationalization of AV to Client stores globally. You will be focused on the work in the North America Geo with some time spent on global initiatives to support other geos as well as collaboration and conference room spaces at WHQ. Interfacing with multiple teams to fulfill your responsibilities. The activities will include:
- Collaboration with TechOps sub-domain such as Network, Windows, Mobility, Client Computing, Field and Depot services, Project management, IT Asset management, Geos etc.
- Collaboration with Global Technology domains such as Application Engineering, Innovation, CIS, Release, etc.
- Collaboration with business and operations teams such as Client Direct, New Store Openings, Procurement, Store Operations, etc.
- Collaboration with external partners such as research labs, external consultants/experts, hardware vendors, resellers, service vendors.
- AV hardware evaluation, testing and recommendation for cutting edge AV experiences in stores and beyond.
- Provision and regular updates of hardware knowledge base (KB) articles to L1/L2 teams.
- Coordination with internal partners and external vendors to determine root cause and permanent solutions of new/recurring HW issues – L3 support
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Technology or AV engineering role
- Understanding and experience with AV systems; screens, video walls, video processors, media playback devices, PC, DSP, and amplifiers.
- Understanding and experience with networking equipment, infrastructure, and configuration.
- Understanding and experience with conference room technology, hardware and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
- Ability to lead, build positive business relationships, and influence collaboratively across IT and the business
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced, complex, high visibility environment with multiple competing priorities i.e. Experience working successfully in a highly matrixed work environment