We are searching for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with deep AWS cloud and datacenter experience, and outstanding technical support skills.
This role is responsible for supporting the management and operations of our IT infrastructure architecture, standards and management to include disaster recovery, security, systems, servers, monitoring, performance, networks and storage. This role will execute and support our journey to Cloud (AWS, Azure). This is a visible and important role tasked with maintaining a best-in-class IT Operations function that operates with a Cloud-first mindset.
As a Cloud Engineer you will focus on provisioning, managing and supporting Cloud and “on-premise” computing resources. This includes the implementation of network architecture, information storage and cybersecurity. You will work as part of a team of tech problem solvers, helping to solve complex computing issues from strategy to execution. Set daily objectives/priorities and manage IT resources according to business objectives to ensure performance, reliability, and availability of critical production systems. Responsible for day-to-day IT request, security and monitoring hardware, software and services ensuring they are optimized for availability, stability, integrity, performance, and scalability.
Skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as key participant in IT team meetings.
- Confront and resolve technical issues openly and quickly.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to leaderships and peers in other practices.
- Tactfully communicates sensitive information.
- Manages difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Implement and conform to IT requirements; CMDB, Incident Management, Change management,
- Build and maintain relationships with clients (internal and external) by providing prompt and accurate service.
- Mentor, train and delegate tasks to junior team members.
- Coordinate the installation and configuration of computing products in hosted environments (Windows and Linux).
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve system issues.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers always.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge and documentation of IT products.
- Serves as local point for all inter-office IT-related matters.
- Ensures that IT staff are monitoring, analyzing, and evaluating performance and working on resolution of identified degradation trends and problem areas (Performance Management).
- Develops and enforces IT policies and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvements to the IT infrastructure and drive innovation by introducing new capabilities/technologies/processes etc.
- Innovate, define, and lead the implementation of automated processes to minimize the manual administration activity.
- Forecasts demand for cloud computing, End user computer and network capacity.
- Define, implement, test, and maintain data back-up protocols in inhouse/cloud/SaaS data to ensure availability.
- Maintain IT Asset inventory and manage hardware life cycle.
- Improve IT Security with Vulnerability Management and regular scanning of both Cloud and inhouse infrastructure.
- Lead the IT infrastructure and operations organization towards a primarily Cloud based operations
- Implement and manage processes and controls that assure maximum uptime and quick service to the user community for both on-prem and Cloud workloads
- Management and continual improvement of Cloud Operations, and On-prem IT infrastructure/operations.
- Support a robust Disaster Recovery strategy for critical systems and infrastructure.
- Assess single points of failure in infrastructure and recommend actions as appropriate.
- Establish standardized processes and key operational metrics based upon ITIL to effectively manage the performance of the Operations organization. This includes availability and performance of applications and servers, service desk ticket management, hardware, lifecycle management, license etc.
Skills / Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related management information systems field
- 5+ years’ experience in with Cloud Infrastructure engineering.
- Strong organizational and office technology skills
- Proven experience in managing IT teams, infrastructure, and services.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, installations and support, wireless technology, and cybersecurity.
- Proficient in Linux and Microsoft Windows software, including servers, MS Office, and Exchange.
- Cloud infrastructure management (AWS, Google Cloe, and or Azure)
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database administration
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communications skills and professionalism
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment both with your team and with stakeholders to influence and address the needs and requirements of the business
- A desire to continually evaluate, learn and adopt new technologies
- Scripting in one or more languages, such as PowerShell is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation, coupled with an understanding of customer service best practices.
- The aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Experience transforming IT infrastructure and moving toward a cloud-based (AWS/Azure) environment
- Experience with managing on-prem workloads as well as migrating workloads to Cloud, specifically AWS/Azure while optimizing the cost of Cloud based workloads.
- Experience managing IP based networks, WAN technologies, virtual server technologies, cloud, DHCP/DNS, MS Office 365, SAN/NAS storage.
CLOUD CERTIFICATIONS: A big plus
- IT Management Certifications a plus (CISM; CISSP; CITM; CompTIA Network+; ITIL)
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- Microsoft Certified – Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified - Azure Administrator Associate