Client has embraced big data technologies to enable data-driven decisions. We’re looking to expand our Data Engineering team to keep pace. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of talented Client teammates and be a driving force for building first-class solutions for Client Technology and its business partners, working on development projects related to supply chain, commerce, consumer behavior and web analytics among others.
- Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Contribute to overall architecture, frameworks and patterns for processing and storing large data volumes
- Design and implement distributed data processing pipelines using Spark, Hive, Sqoop, Python, and other tools and languages prevalent in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Build utilities, user defined functions, and frameworks to better enable data flow patterns
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies/tools/frameworks centered around high-volume data processing
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Build and incorporate automated unit tests and participate in integration testing efforts
- Work with architecture/engineering leads and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Work across teams to resolve operational and performance issues
The following qualifications and technical skills will position you well for this role:
- MS/BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience in large-scale software development, 2+ years of big data experience
- Strong programming experience, Python preferred
- Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Sqoop, etc.
- Experience with RDBMS systems, SQL and SQL Analytical functions
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Experience with performance and scalability tuning
The following skills and experience are also relevant to our overall environment, and nice to have:
- Experience with Scala or Java
- Experience working in a public cloud environment, particularly AWS
- Familiarity with cloud warehouse tools like Snowflake
- Experience with messaging/streaming/complex event processing tooling and frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink, Nifi, etc.
- Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience building RESTful API’s to enable data consumption
- Familiarity with build tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation and automation tools such as Jenkins or Circle CI
- Familiarity with practices like Continuous Development, Continuous Integration and Automated Testing
- Experience in Agile/Scrum application development
These are the characteristics that we strive for in our own work. We would love to hear from candidates who embody the same:
- Desire to work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others