About this role
Client is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to define our product marketing strategy and own and execute all our product marketing efforts. You will work closely with the CEO and multiple stakeholders across all departments, including Product, Customer Success, Sales, Business Development, and Marketing. With a depth of understanding of our commercial initiatives, product footprint, and product roadmap, you will be responsible for crafting resonant and impactful messaging and ensuring we reach the right audiences through the right channels, and collect customer feedback, insights and data analysis to improve our marketing efforts.
In the first year your focus will be on two major strategic initiatives. The first initiative is to help form the strategy, concepts, and messaging for the launch of an updated product line core to our business. The second initiative will be to craft messaging and strategy to best position our suite of products as we ramp up our commercial efforts. You will lead the ongoing go-to-market strategy, including audience segmentation, positioning and optimization of all growth channels. The scope of your work also includes learning the intricacies of the competitive landscape, the positioning of other solutions, gathering customer feedback, collecting data insights on product acquisition and usage, understanding customer segments, and feeding those insights and requirements back into the product and product marketing roadmap.
Client is a leading software solution in our space. Client has over 500+ 5-start customer reviews and was awarded the 2019 Ease of Use Award in our software category. We work with over a thousand companies from small business owners to public companies and global brands. Client is a customer-obsessed and product-focused company that is profitable and growing.
We believe we’ve built the best product in our market and you’ll take the lead to position client as the clear product leader as a B2B SaaS booking platform for experience based businesses.
- Lead the go-to-market plan and ongoing marketing strategy for all client product lines
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development, marketing and sales assets, and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales teams to create content and campaigns to position client as the leading platform in our industry.
- Ensure brand messaging and language used throughout the client application is on brand and consistent in tone. Ensure new products are released with appropriate messaging. Ensure that when new features are launched that value-based messaging is reflected at each customer touchpoint.
- Work with marketing, sales, and other teams to gather key messaging data and feedback across channels
- Equip product teams with competitive, market, and customer insights to inform product roadmap decisions
- Evangelize our customers and product positioning and messaging to create consistent, cohesive, and clear narrative in the market
- Measure and optimize product positioning and messaging through qualitative feedback and using quantitative tools
- Develop data-driven marketing strategies to promote customer growth and retention
- Align internal stakeholders on brand and product messaging to ensure all customer-facing teams are on-message.
- Be the liaison between the product team and all customer-facing teams to gather feedback and collaborate on marketing opportunities and partnerships
- Look for opportunities to develop marketing campaigns and projects unique to the markets and customer segments we serve
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-10 years of B2B/SaaS product marketing experience.
- Detailed oriented with exceptional communication skills. Strong instincts regarding the psychology of language and word choice.
- Strong sense of UI / aesthetics.
- You are passionate about the power of software and the democratizing force it has on our society and economy. You are passionate about the positive impacts software has on the business and people who use them.
- You have experience supporting enterprise and/or SaaS product launches through sustained go-to-market efforts.
- Highly collaborative and effective influencing in cross-functional environments. You’ll work with a wide range of stakeholders across marketing, product, developer relations, sales, and more
- Experience partnering with product teams to influence product strategy and roadmap, and contributing to user research in support of that work