The Network Administrator will administer and oversee the implementation, organization and troubleshooting of the computer network, multiple operating systems, and appropriate communications protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage network security including firewalls, end-point security, multi factor authentication, and Cloud backup for Disaster recovery.
- Maintain the network infrastructure, including switches, routers, VPN, LAN and WAN. Ensure network and communication devices are functioning appropriately.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot any issues. Install, maintain, upgrade and patch all network servers. Provide network support while identifying and solving issues that arise.
- Manage Wireless network configuration, monitoring and maintenance, including the cloud key, gateway, POE switch and Access Points.
- Manage M365 infrastructure including Azure AD Connector, account creation and policies.
- Maintain Active Directory, including forest and domain level upgrades.
- Assist in support of on prem and Azure virtual machines
- Manage and maintain NetApp Storage Arrays, Snapshot management, Replication management and upgrades.
- Manage and oversee telephone system.
- Plan, schedule and execute equipment installations, imaging, upgrades, and replacement projects.
- Conduct research on products (trends in technology) in support of procurement and development efforts. Evaluate cost benefit analysis of products and recommend hardware and installation products for purchase.
- Provide technical support to users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be highly self-sufficient and capable of handling day to day tasks with minimal supervision, plus possess excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organization and peers to reach common goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding client and firm information.
- Thorough understanding of VOIP telephone systems.
- Proficient in Fortinet firewalls and Cisco switching
- Proficient with M365 administration.
- Prior vendor experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux servers, VMWare, Ubiquiti WiFi products, Palo Alto firewalls, Fortinet firewalls, Cortex and VPN, Cisco switches & routers, DUO MFA and Veeam products.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field required or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in legal or professional services environment.
Physical Demands and Conditions Requirements
- General office environment, sitting and viewing computer monitors for extended periods
- Standing in Data Center Environment (loud and heavily air conditioned) for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50# during installation and maintenance of Enterprise level IT equipment
Hours and Locations of Work
- Providence, RI based position at Citizen’s Plaza
- Routinely, Monday through Friday, 9am-5:30pm, with availability for later or early daily hours and weekends for traveling or maintenance tasks.
- Position will share on-call responsibilities.
- Periodic travel to other AP&S locations as developed, currently Boston, MA and Newport, RI