We’re creating—on a fast track! Our Developers will dive right in to the action, with web and application development that elevates every product line across the company as we pursue ambituous growth. The candidate will be a member of a cross-functional team that includes other developers and product experts from across the organization. This is a great opportunity for highly motivated, self-directed developers who thrive on tight time frames and use their analytical prowess and top-notch interpersonal skills to deliver stellar results.
Job Functions, Essential Duties, And Responsibilities
- Design, maintain and tune high performance code.
- Apply appropriate approach, best-practice and correct separation of presentation code from business logic.
- Implement and support build processes and test environments.
- Provide project and task estimates.
- Determine optimal front-end development direction based on project requirements
- Turn interface designs into functional themed components
- Design, develop and implement shared design components with other designers and developers to use across Colonial’s digital product portfolio
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications.
- Deeply understand requirements and expertly handle Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Quality processes.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of progressive, hands-on development experience on multiple stacks and a commitment to quality design and clean code.
- Familiarity with on-site and off-shore delivery model.
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Experience and experience with 3rd party software integration on both the server-side and client-side.
- Experience with headless, decoupled CMS architecture.
- Skilled at interfacing with RESTful APIs, including a solid understanding of API architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of client-side/backend performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Desire to set and meet aggressive goals and ability to work in a fast paced environment with a risk management mindset.
- Stellar organizational, analytic and communication skills, and the ability to methodically solve problems across teams.
- An energetic, agile-minded, optimistic, pragmatic and collegial team-player.
- Experience with a preprocessor(gulp, grunt)
- Minimum 2+ years of front-end focused web development including mobile-first development and familiarity with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with one of open source CMS (WP, Drupal, Expression Engine, etc)
- Experience with Microservices and Spring boot
- Experience with one scripting/programming language(Java EE/Core, PHP, Ruby, C#)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and automation (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience with relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies(SQL Server, Postgresql)
- Experience with data pipeline and ML/AI are plus