Our SQL Engineer will jump right into the action, working with data to solve business challenges, while building and maintaining the infrastructure to continuously improve processes and answer emerging questions. In addition to statistical expertise, our curious and creative Data Engineer will have great communication skills—and a passion for making data understandable and actionable all business units, propelling ambitious growth.
Job Functions, Essential Duties, And Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing applications, systems, custom reports, and database structures.
- Participate in requirements analysis along with business analysts, and business users.
- Design and develop various modules and work with other developers and other IT staff as required.
- Develop and design database schema, SQL queries and turning, stored procedures, and SSIS packages.
- Develop, create, and support Data Factories pipelines, data flows, data frameworks configurations, and code repositories.
- Work with a data team to provide support on data optimization.
- Production and End User Support Activities.
- Assist and support other programmers in development procedures, techniques and coding assignments.
- Create and update System documentation and Design specifications.
- Apply industry software development standards and best practices.
- Research and recommend new and existing technologies to meet business needs, including creating prototypes, design documents, and solution designs.
- Estimate effort involved in completing various development tasks.
- Report activities and progress to the management on a weekly basis.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience in designing/developing software applications (full stack);
- Minimum 4 years working experience in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Proficiency in SQL Database development including performance tuning
- Experience in working with web development technologies (MVC, MVVM, MVP, RestAPI, SOAP, XML)
- Experience in full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with knowledge of Agile and /or Waterfall methodology
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented design
- Experience in developing/deploying web applications
- Knowledge of system security and service oriented architecture
- Ability to work with business analysts and business users
- Knowledge in data warehouse, ETL, data modeling
- Working knowledge of Oracle, PostgreSQL, and Java programming is a plus
- Microsoft Access (development and/or administration) is a plus